LIGHTHOUSE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WORSHIP PLANS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
Outdoor Worship will continue at Lighthouse each Sunday for the foreseeable future at our regular times: 8:45 a.m. Traditional Worship and 10:30 a.m. Contemporary Worship. Be sure to tell your friends & neighbors!
We have added a Children’s Lesson moment during each service for children 3 years old – 5th grade, along with an activity pack that follows the sermon passage for that day (currently in James). We are not able to provide yet a nursery, children’s classes, or adult classes on Sunday morning, so children must be kept with their parents or guardians during each service.
We are offering an outdoor Student Ministry program each Tuesday from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. on our patio. All middle & high school students welcome.
We continue to follow state and county guidelines.
WHY OUTDOOR SERVICES?
- At this time, all indoor services have been banned by the state.
- Outdoor services provide the extra space we need, can be done with 2 services at our regular times, many people can bring their own chairs or blankets to sit on in addition to the plastic chairs that we can provide, plastic chairs can be easily sanitized after each service, and masks are not needed outside once you are seated if you maintain a 6-foot distance from others. Outside is also considered safer due to fresh air, sunlight, and less contact than indoors.
SOME IMPORTANT THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- If you are nervous or at-risk due to age or health, feel free to stay home and watch us online on this website or directly on YouTube (Lighthouse Christian Church of Oceanside) or on our church Facebook page (facebook.com/lccoo) or on KOCT TV Saturdays from noon-1:00 p.m. in Oceanside (ch. 18 on Cox cable).
- All worshipers, volunteers, and staff are asked to please stay home if you are sick. We do not want to make anyone else sick. Our services will be filmed and can be watched or listened to later from home.
- Please bring your own mask. We ask that you wear a mask or face covering from your car until you are seated, and then back again, or in case you need to go inside to the restroom. Also bring your own gloves if you desire. We are not able to provide masks and gloves for worshipers.
- All staff and volunteers are required to wear your own mask and gloves (except those on stage). Extra disposable gloves available at Hospitality Desk for volunteers only.
- Please stay outside other than use of restrooms. All restrooms will be sanitized before each service.
- All staff & volunteers will be screened with a touchless thermometer to screen for temperature – see Andrea or Pam Guame on the patio upon arrival. If staff or volunteers are sick, have a cough, or fever, please call ahead to Andrea or Pam and do not attend.
- If you or someone in your group becomes ill during a service please head for home; if too sick to drive, they may be quarantined in room 4, let us know who to call to come pick them up, or if needed we can call 911. Just let an usher, staff member, or Andrea or Pam know if you need any help.
- Please bring your own lawn chair, beach chair, or blanket for you and those with you, if possible, and plan to sit on the grass lawn, as we only have a limited number of plastic chairs we can provide, and those are needed for those who cannot bring their own, especially ‘senior seniors’ and guests.
- If you have children, you need to keep them with you at all times. Families should sit together for worship. Bring your own diaper bag & materials for babies, and quiet toys to keep young children occupied. But remember: we are offering a children’s lesson moment & activity packet for each child 3 years old – 5th grade, to keep them busy & learning the Bible.
- Each week we set up about 100 plastic chairs on our patio for those who need them, in groupings of 1, 2, 3 or 4 to accommodate different family groups, spaced 6 feet apart. If you need those seats, please find the grouping to fit yourself or family group, only move chairs if you need to for your group, and keep a 6-foot distance from other individuals or groups. (If you would like to help with chair set-up, sanitizing after, or take-down, contact Pastor Scott).
- We have provided shade to much of the patio and are working to add more. We have set up some canopies on the patio and lawn. If you can bring your own pop-up canopy, umbrella, or other shade and can sit on the lawn, please do so, as you will need it — it will be sunny and warm! You will be able to see & hear the service and will help others who cannot provide their own seat or shade. Please try to not block the view of those behind you, and if necessary, move to where you can see the stage, which will be on the north end of the patio with the nice view behind us. Let’s all work together for the best possible experience. If Jesus could do it with over 5,000, we can do it with a few hundred!
- We have now added several outdoor commercial fans to help circulate air on the patio.
- Please arrive before services begin so you can get settled, enjoy the worship, and not disturb others once worship begins. You can disturb others before or after!
- When you arrive, a masked & gloved greeter will hand you a songsheet. Please pick up an offering envelope if you need one, and a disposable communion wafer/cup combo from the table near the snack shack. It is wonderful to take communion together again! You do not need to be a member of Lighthouse to take communion, but you should be a Christian who has accepted Jesus as your Savior. You can throw away your communion cup in the open trash cans when you leave.
- The snack shack will be open before each service with water bottles and sealed Danish – donations appreciated. No donuts or coffee yet, but you are welcome to bring your own coffee or drinks. If you bring food, you must share! (kidding).
- There will be ushers with containers for you to drop in your tithes & offerings as you leave. Please be generous in your support – we need your help during these challenging times!
- As hard as it is, please no handshakes or hugs yet. Let’s stay safe! It is wonderful just to see each other and be together again!
We are blessed to have this patio & lawn to accommodate a church our size! Many churches are unable to accommodate their people yet. All of our staff and many volunteers have been working hard each week to help make this happen, new equipment has been purchased, new shade will be installed. So please make the best of this unprecedented situation, let’s enjoy worshiping together again, and no grumbling! Let’s be joyful & thankful! Can’t wait to see you!
FYI, our church offices are operating M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., but under current state guidelines, are closed to all but employees and essential workers. Doors are being kept locked and masks are required to enter. Please see safety information outside office doors. Please call ahead if you need to stop by and call when you get there for someone to come out and meet you. The rules are constantly changing, so thank you for understanding and being flexible!