It’s said that opportunity knocks only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell (or is that solicitors?) Regardless, I want to share with you some special opportunities that are knocking on our doors:
- Lighthouse’s Fall Kickoff is right around the corner on Sunday, Sept. 12. Last year we were still in lockdown mode (remember the joy of Zoom meetings, huddling on the patio, or watching church on TV?) That makes our in-person opportunities this year even more special.
- Roddy Chong, a world-class violinist, will be here to play with our worship team in both services on Sept. 12, and then he will play and speak in his unique, high-energy style (he has a great Christian testimony). If you were here when he came last year, then you know how dynamic his program is, and if you weren’t here, you are in for a real treat. Roddy has played with major entertainers like Celine Dion and Shania Twain, and has played for presidents and the pope, so this is an incredible opportunity to have him at Lighthouse! We want to invite everyone who can to come, and to invite as many people as you can! It made a big impact on our neighbors last year, and we believe it will for you and your guests this year. So please use your invitations to invite others, and plan to join us for an exciting service! This is a great outreach opportunity!
- Refreshments will be available after each service that Sunday, including donuts, the return of coffee, and free Cokes (a trio of health foods!).
- Discipleship Opportunities are resuming the week of Sept. 12, with graded Sunday morning Bible classes for children through adults, and many Growth Group choices throughout the week. Not sure which one to attend? I would like to invite any interested men to The Man Church group I will be leading on Wed. nights from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. at the church, where we will meet together to fellowship and watch video lessons on some of the great men of the Bible, followed by small group discussion. There will be a women’s study on The Struggle is Real led by my wife Andrea at the same time in the sanctuary, and a Just for Kids program for kids K – 5th (Guys, the women are already ahead of us, so I’m looking for more men!) Our Wed. night men’s, women’s, and children’s groups are going to start with a combined cookout on Sept. 15, so plan to join us on the church patio for a fun evening of food & fellowship and learning more about our study plans. Hamburgers, hot dogs, drinks & paper products will be provided, but we would welcome your side dishes or desserts. You can sign up Sunday or call Andrea at 760-583-8917.
- Ministry Opportunities abound, with volunteers needed for coordinating or driving the golf carts, coordinating or helping with funeral receptions, paid child care for MOPS on alternating Wed. mornings in the fall, helping with our offering counting team, office helpers, restocking the pews, Snack Shack helpers, singing or playing for our worship team, sound or projection techs, building maintenance or remodeling helpers, etc. If you would like more information, call our office at 760-726-0590.
Opportunity is knocking! Are you ready to answer?
Mike Openshaw, Senior Minister