LIGHTHOUSE CHRISTIAN CHURCH REOPENING PLANS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
We are excitedly planning to re-open in-person outdoor services at Lighthouse Sunday, May 31, at our regular times: 8:45 a.m. Traditional Worship and 10:30 a.m. Contemporary Worship.
The state has given approval for churches to resume worship in accordance with state guidelines.
In order to meet these guidelines, keep each other safe, and have a service that works, we need to begin with outdoor services only on our church patio and lawn. No nursery, children’s program, or classes yet for any age group! We have to take this a step at a time.
WHY OUTDOOR SERVICES?
- Social Distancing rules require a 6-foot spacing between individuals or family groups and only filling an interior worship space to 25% of capacity, to a maximum of 100 people. That would require 5 services if our average attendees showed up, which would be hard to staff with all the personnel needed.
- Every seat would have to be sanitized between services, leaving our upholstered seats wet for the next services.
- Masks are required indoors, inhibiting singing, communion, and recognition of one another.
- Outdoor services provide the extra space we need, can be done with 2 services at our regular times, many people can bring their own chairs or blankets to sit on in addition to the plastic chairs that we can provide, plastic chairs can be easily sanitized after each service, and masks are not needed outside if you maintain a 6-foot distance from others. Outside is also considered safer due to fresh air, sunlight, and less contact than indoors.
SOME IMPORTANT THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- If you are nervous or at-risk due to age or health, feel free to stay home and watch us online.
- All worshipers , volunteers, and staff are asked to please stay home if you are sick. We do not want to make anyone else sick. Our services will be filmed and can be watched or listened to later from home.
- Please bring your own mask in case you need to go inside to the restroom or need to come within 6 feet of others. We recommend wearing a mask from your car until you are seated. Also bring your own gloves if you desire. We are not able to provide masks and gloves for worshipers.
- All staff and volunteers are required to wear your own mask and gloves (except those on stage). Extra disposable gloves available at Hospitality Desk for volunteers only.
- Please stay outside other than use of restrooms. All restrooms will be sanitized before each service.
- All staff & volunteers will be screened with a touchless thermometer to screen for temperature – see Andrea on the patio upon arrival. If staff or volunteers are sick, have a cough, or fever, please call ahead to Andrea and do not attend.
- If you or someone in your group becomes ill during a service please head for home; if too sick to drive, they may be quarantined in room 4, let us know who to call to come pick them up, or if needed we can call 911. Just let an usher, staff member, or Andrea know if you need any help.
- Please bring your own lawn chair, beach chair, or blanket for you and those with you, if possible, and plan to sit on the grass lawn, as we only have a limited number of plastic chairs we can provide, and those are needed for those who cannot bring their own, especially ‘senior seniors’ and guests.
- If you have children, you need to keep them with you at all times. Families should sit together for worship. Bring your own diaper bag & materials for babies, and quiet toys to keep young children occupied.
- We will have about 100 plastic chairs set up on the patio for those who need them, in groupings of 1, 2, 3 or 4 to accommodate different family groups, spaced 6 feet apart. If you need those seats, please find the grouping to fit yourself or family group, only move chairs if you need to for your group, and keep a 6-foot distance from other individuals or groups. (If you would like to help with chair set-up, sanitizing after, or take-down this week or after, contact Pastor Scott).
- We are working to provide shade to most of the patio. We will not be able to provide shade on most of the lawn. If you can bring your own pop-up canopy, umbrella, or other shade and can sit on the lawn, please do so, as you will need it — it will be sunny and warm! You will be able to see & hear the service and will help others who cannot provide their own seat or shade. Please try to not block the view of those behind you, and if necessary, move to where you can see the stage, which will be on the north end of the patio with the nice view behind us. Let’s all work together for the best possible experience. If Jesus could do it with over 5,000, we can do it with a few hundred!
- Please arrive before services begin so you can get settled, enjoy the worship, and not disturb others once worship begins. You can disturb others before or after!
- When you arrive, a gloved greeter will hand you a songsheet. Please pick up an offering envelope if you need one, and a disposable communion cup from the table near the snack shack. It will be wonderful to take communion together again! You can throw away your communion cup in the open trash cans when you leave.
- The snack shack will be open before each service with water bottles and sealed Danish – donations appreciated. No donuts or coffee yet, but you are welcome to bring your own coffee or drinks. If you bring food, you must share!
- There will be ushers with containers for you to drop in your tithes & offerings as you leave. Please be generous in your support – we need your help during these challenging times!
- As hard as it will be, please no handshakes or hugs yet. Let’s stay safe! It will be wonderful just to see each other!
We are blessed to have this patio & lawn to accommodate a church our size! Many churches are unable to accommodate their people yet. All of our staff and many volunteers have been working hard all week to help make this happen, new equipment has been purchased or rented, new shade is being installed. So please make the best of this unprecedented situation, let’s enjoy worshiping together again, and no grumbling! Let’s be joyful & thankful! Can’t wait to see you! Just don’t make fun of Pastor Mike’s hair!
FYI, our church offices are open again M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Masks are required to enter. Please see safety information outside office doors. Calling ahead is appreciated. Thank you!