Every Christian should be an active member of a Christ-centered, Bible-based church in the area where you live, “for we are members of His body” (Ephesians 5:30). This becomes where you worship, fellowship, and serve – your church family. Membership opens doors of opportunity for you, including:
- Members may participate by voting in important decisions the church makes.
- Membership allows you to serve as a teacher, Bible study leader, elder, deacon, or ministry leader.
- Weddings and funerals are available for members and their family members.
- Members are eligible for benevolence help from their church.
- Membership means you have made a commitment to your local church, which is committed to supporting and helping its members To Know Christ and Make Him Known.
How to Become a Member
There are 2 ways to become a member of Lighthouse:
- By faith & baptism. If you have never done so, we ask that you come forward to acknowledge your faith before our congregation and then be baptized by immersion (even if you were baptized by another method) (Matthew 10:32; 28:19; Acts 2:38). We have robes, towels, and everything necessary for your baptism – previous arrangements are not necessary. Someone will help you.
- By placing membership. If you have already received Christ as your Savior and have been baptized by immersion, you may come forward to re-affirm your faith and place membership. We do not require a church letter.
If you wish to respond, please complete a Decision Card found in the back of the church seats and take it forward with you during the response song after the end of each sermon. A pastor will be there to accept you into the fellowship at Lighthouse Christian Church.
Andrea Openshaw, Director of Discipleship